8th International Symposium on
Quito, September 24-26, 2019
The 8th International Symposium on Andean Geodynamics (ISAG) will be held in Quito, Ecuador on September 24-26, 2019. After a decade-long time following the last ISAG in Nice, we are planning to organize the meeting in the Andes. This symposium will provide a new opportunity to present and discuss recent research on Andean geology and geodynamics and its related economical and social issues. We specially encourage contributions addressing the following topics:
(1) Mechanisms and processes of Andean crustal thickening, uplift and deformation
(2) Interactions between surface, climate and lithospheric processes (deformation, magmatism and sedimentation)
(3) The seismic cycle and active deformation
(4) Geological hazards, with emphasis on seismic, volcanic, and gravitational hazards
(5) Genetic models and case studies of Andean-type ore deposits and geothermal resources
All abstracts must be written in English. The deadline for submission is March 1st, 2019. Both oral and poster presentations are planned. Details for abstract presentation will be given in the 2nd circular (November 2018).
For both, oral and poster sessions, the preferred language is English, although Spanish or French are also accepted. However, there will be no facilities for simultaneous translation.
In order to assist in planning the symposium, anyone wishing to attend or contribute to the 8th ISAG should pre-register as soon as possible by filling the following form: Registration Form.
Further details of the 8th ISAG will be given in the 2nd circular.
The organizing committee is planning some field trips in the region. Further details will be provided in the 2nd circular.
Circulation of this announcement
We invite the persons who receive this circular to distribute this announcement to any colleagues that would be interested to participate in the 8th ISAG.
Correspondence and enquiries
- Mailing of the second circular: November, 2018
- Deadline for abstracts: March 1st, 2019
- Mailing of the third circular: July, 2019
- Symposium in Quito: September 24-26, 2019